Core Module 3 (CM3) Systems
Since 1994, Freeslate has been building high throughput research solutions for R&D. Our flagship product line is the Core Module 3 (CM3), a configurable automation system for preparing, processing, and testing chemically complex samples and mixtures.
Increased Flexibility, Functionality, and Reliability
The third-generation CM3 platform enables scientists to leverage a single instrument to run an array of applications. Its standard base platform couples with many arm and deck elements that can dispense materials, mix, control temperature, and carry out analytical measurements.
With the CM3, one platform can serve very diverse applications (e.g., biologics formulation, reaction screening, and preformulation).
Accelerate Your Scientific Discovery
The CM3 is designed to optimize scientific workflow integration and streamline experimental operations, ultimately improving efficiency, reducing R&D costs, and accelerating scientific discovery.
This highly flexible system provides:
- Easy integration with both Freeslate and third-party instruments.
- Configurability allowing redeployment of an instrument based on your needs.
- Flexibility for automating multiple assays on one instrument.
- Higher quality experimentation.
Click here for list of Core Module 3 Key Features.
Core Module 3 Key Features
The CM3 is designed for flexibility in handling workflow integration:
- Variable Vial and Plate Gripper: Sample handling arm element capable of gripping vials from 1 mL to 125 mL and plates.
- Flexible solid dispensing: Solid dispensing using SV powder dispensing for small quantities and Powdernium powder dispensing for larger quantities.
- Flexible liquid dispensing: Liquid handling including both viscous and heated liquid dispensing for 1, 2, 4 or 6 channel dispensing and configurable for commonly used pitches.
- Controlled mixing: Mixing using room temperature deck orbital shaker or individual well controlled magnetic stirring.
- Controlled heating/cooling: Independently controlled heated or cooled zones, and mixing with magnetic stirring.
- Integrated balance: Analytical balance deck element with options for two balances that enable either dispensing into plate-based arrays or individual vials. Each balance element includes an integrated digital camera for sample visual inspection.
- Rapid pH measurement: Single 4 channel pH measurement probes using the latest solid state pH probes with 0-14 pH range with a resolution of 0.02 pH.
- Rack/Plate Carousel: Integrated carousel for flexible storage of samples, tips, etc.
- Viscometer: Integrated viscometer for accurate measurement of Newtonian and non-Newtonian samples.
- Visual inspection Station: Inspects color, measures turbidity, and completes a particle count in a sample using an integrated camera.
- Vial capping and decapping station for screw-top vials and jars.
- Overhead mixer for blending viscous formulations.
- Arm can extend off the deck for an extended work surface or integration with third party instruments.
Photos/Videos of CM3 Arm and Deck Elements
For more detailed product information, please submit your inquiry and our technical specialists will contact you shortly.